I have always struggle to find a good recipes to make breakfast for work. I don’t have enough time in the morning to make anything healthy as I start work at 6:30am.
These Burritos you can make in advance and freeze them too.
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Arrange the sweet potato, onion and bell pepper on a lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and chipotle powder. Bake at 400° for 35 min, tossing once half way through.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the jalapeño for 1 minute. Add the sausage and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until cooked through and crumbled. Set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile in a separate non-stick skillet, cook the eggs, milk and a dash of salt and pepper over low heat, stirring constantly until the eggs are light and fluffy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble the burritos, top each tortilla with 1/4 c. eggs, 1/4 c. veggies, a scant 1/4 c. turkey sausage and 1/2 oz of cheese.
- Tuck the edges of the tortilla towards the center and roll into a burrito.
- OPTIONAL – Add a smear of Greek yogurt on the end flap of the burrito so it stays securely closed.
- Enjoy immediately or roll in a piece of tinfoil and package in an airtight container. Store frozen for up to 2 months.
- REHEATING – Unwrap a burrito and heat it in a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side -OR- bake it in the oven in the tinfoil for 15-20 minutes.
Source: The Creative Bite