Pumpkin is rich in vital vitamins and minerals. Pumpkin soup is a usually a thick soup made from a purée of pumpkin.
This soup is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States
- Pumpkin – Peeled and chopped into large chunks.
- Onion and garlic
- Vegetable or chicken Stock/broth and water
- Milk, cream or half and half stirred through at the end.
- Place peeled pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth/stock and water into a pot
- Boil rapidly for 15 minutes until pumpkin is very tender;
- Use a stick blender or transfer to blender to blitz smooth; and
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, then add either milk OR cream
you can add any of below spices to your soup while cooking
- Thai red curry
- Lightly Spiced – stir in 1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander and smoked paprika.