- 3 cups all-purpose flour(375 g), plus more for dusting
- ½ cup sugar(100 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk/water
- oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, and salt. then use a rubber spatula to mix in the egg and coconut milk/Water until the dough comes together. (For those with a machine you can just put all the ingredients in a machine)
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Dive the dough into 4 portions. Roll out 1 portion of dough into a circle about ¼-inch (6 ml) thick. Cut into 8 triangles. Repeat with the remaining dough portions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it reaches 350˚F (180˚C).
- Working in batches, fry the mandazi for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve as breakfast or a snack
Please follow and like us: