Deodorant can be made with simple natural ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes. This natural deodorant recipe is now a staple in my body routine.
It has been over 4 years since I started making my own deodorant. One of the good things about Natural deodorants is that it cover smell, not sweat.
The Deodorant have main three Components
- ingredients with disinfectant or antibacterial properties, such as coconut oil and tea tree oil
- essential oils like lavender, sandalwood, or bergamot to provide a pleasant scent
- naturally absorbent ingredients like baking soda, arrowroot, or cornstarch to combat moisture
- Place coconut oil and shea butter in a glass bowl or jar and place the bowl/jar inside a medium sauce pan.
- Add water to the saucepan (enough to surround bowl/jar but not to overflow it) and bring to a boil.
- As water is heating up, ensure to stir coconut oil and shea butter and continue to do so until it melts.
- Once melted, add in arrowroot starch, baking soda and essential oils.
- Place in a 3 ounce jar and allow to cool at room temp or in fridge (will harden faster in fridge) until it’s reached a solid state.
- Cover with lid until use.
Directions for use:
- Wet underarms slightly (this helps with even application)
- Spoon out a pea-sized amount with a wooden scoop or with fingers and rub between fingers before applying directly to underarms.
- For a regular day, one application in the morning should be fine. For hotter days, workouts or if you’re particularly sweaty, feel free to reapply as needed.