Made this Chickpea curry over the weekend and love it. very simple and taste amazing. This chickpea curry is the easiest and simplest recipe you can make. It requires easy-to-find ingredients you can get at any supermarket, and it’s so nutritious you could eat it every day!
for 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent and begins to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño. Continue to cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant and jalapeño is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, salt, and pepper then continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Sweet Potatoes, and cook for 5 minutes
- Add chickpeas, and water/Stock. Stir to incorporate, making sure to use the spoon the scrape off any brown bits that have appeared on the bottom or sides of the pot.
- As the tomatoes break down, the mixture should take on the texture of a thick stew. Add more water if needed before bringing everything to a simmer and then cover with a lid.
- Once covered, cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low and mix in the lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Cook over low heat 1-2 minutes until the cilantro has wilted and turned bright green.
- Serve over basmati rice or with a side of naan or Chapati