Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes, onions and tomatoes. It’s one of our all time favourite meals
- 500 grams Chicken with bones, Curry cut pieces
- 2 x medium onion -chopped
- 2 x green chillies & 1 x red Chilli -chopped
- 2 x medium tomatoes -chopped
- 2 x diced potatoes
- 2 tsp garlic -minced
- 2 tsp ginger -minced
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 3/4 salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3TSB Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- once washed and dry the chicken. in a bowl mix chicken with salt 1/2tsp, black pepper-1/4tsp, set aside for 30 minutes
- heat the pan and add oil, add chopped onions , fry for 3 minutes on medium heat until translucent.
- Add green and red chillies, fry for 1 minutes then add ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- add chicken pieces, fry for 5 minutes on Medium Heat until is evenly brown.
- add diced potatoes and chopped tomatoes
- Add salt to taste cover and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add coconut milk, mix well and bring to boil.
- cover and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- add black pepper (1/4) and 1 tsp lemon juice and coriander and mix well
- simmer 1-2 minutes on low heat.